With the onset of the militancy in State of Jammu and Kashmir, particularly in Kashmir (Division) in the year 1989-1990 a large number of people had to migrate from their ancestral places of residence which resulted in the mass exodus of Kashmiri Hindu’s along with a number of families belonging to Sikhs and Muslims. Approximately 60,000 families migrated from the valley during the turmoil and majority of these families preferred to settle at Jammu and its adjoining areas; whereas approximately 23000 such migrant families settled outside the J&K State.
Two Room Tenements
On 17th November 2004 Hon’ble President of India Dr A.P.J Abdul Kalam visited Muthi Camp Phase I and he was pleased to make an announcement for construction of Two Room Sets for Kashmiri Migrants residing in camps. A high level team from PMO visited some camps and subsequent to their visit sanction was accorded for construction of 5248 two room sets including allied facilities e.g. Community Halls, Higher Secondary Schools, Prime Health Centres, Water Supply, Electric Supply, 40 beded hospital, Road & Drainage, STP plant, Parks etc under Prime Ministers Reconstruction Program (PMRP). Accordingly Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) sanctioned the project for construction of 5248 flats for the welfare of the Kashmiri Migrants in 2 phases.
Phase-I of 1024 flats had been taken up at Muthi, Purkhoo and Nagrota during the year September 2005. 4224 flats had been taken up at Mini Township Jagti-Nagrota during the year 2007.
There are total 979 registered families of migrants hailing from militancy infested Hilly regions of erstwhile District Doda (Doda, Ramban, Kishtwar); erstwhile District Udhampur (Reasi, Udhampur); District Rajouri; District Poonch, these families have migrated from 1998 to 2004, they are also referred as Jammu Migrants. Majority are stationed at NHPC Colony Talwara, District Reasi; Panthal; Udhampur; Ramban, and a few shifted to Jammu District, Moreover, these are registered with Deputy Commissioners Reasi; Ramban; Udhampur and Relief & Rehabilitation Commissioner (M) J&K.
- Application form for obtaining Domicile Certificate in terms of GAD Notification S.O 166 dated 18.05.2020.
- Application Form for Registration of Un-Registered Kashmiri Migrant/Displaced Persons in terms of Govt. Order No: 52-JK (DMRRR) of 2020 dated: 16-05-2020
- List of PoJK Displaced Persons of Delhi (Including NCR) notified by Provincial Rehab. Officer (PRO), Jammu and Kashmir - UNIQUE IDs thereof
- List of PoJK Displaced Persons of Punjab (Including Haryana, Himachal Pardesh) notified by Provincial Rehab. Officer (PRO), Jammu and Kashmir - UNIQUE IDs thereof
- List of PoJK Displaced Persons of Uttar Pradesh (Including Uttarakhand) notified by Provincial Rehab. Officer (PRO), Jammu and Kashmir - UNIQUE IDs thereof
- 21/01/2021 - Order for allotment of accommodation at Vessu -> Click here to view the list of Allottees
- 22/10/2020 - Order for updation of list of PM Package employees for accommodation
- 16/05/2020 - 52-JK(DMRRR) of 2020
- 20/09/2018 - Election Duty in kashmir valley- Municipal Election-2018
- SRO 412: Jammu and Kashmir migrants(special Drive) Recruitment Rules 2009
- Relief Category: Families:21076 & Persons:70033
- Non Relief Category: Families:23066 & Persons:83932
- Total: Families:44142 & Persons:153965
- Hindu: Families:39748 & Persons:135281
- Muslim: Families:2666 & Persons:12110
- Sikh: Families:1723 & Persons:6554
- Other: Families:5 & Persons:19