Relief Organisation(Migrants), Jammu
                  Government of Jammu & Kashmir
      New         View tenders        Contacts
Skip Navigation Links.
Resident of Backward Area certificate:

     Affidavit to the effect that the applicant has not obtained Permenent Residence Certificate earlier.   The Govt. under SRO 294 has provided certain concessions to the residents living in backward areas. Such certificates to the migrants are being issued by the Relief Organisation.

Documents required for issuing of Resident of Backward Area certificate:

  • Prescribed Form.
  • Application with Rs. 3/- stamp.
  • Migration proof (Copy of Ration Card).
  • Sufficient proof indicating that the family of the applicant was living in the area notified as backward for 15 years continuously prior to migration.
  • Income certificate (Annual family income should be less than Rs. 3 Lacs).

      However, income ceiling shall not apply to a person who has lived and completed entire school education from an area identified as backward or actual line of control, as the case may be and in case such schooling is not available in such area , from the nearest adjoining area. ( Refer Ordinance No. 1 of 2008 dated 5th March 2008 issued by Law Department, Civil Secretariat, J&K Govt. ). The Resident of Backward Area Certificate after receipt of application and documents as mentioned above is being issued within ten days.

For further details contact Assistant Commissioner (HQ) / HQ Asstt to RCM, Relief Organisation (M),

Designed & developed by NIC, J&K   
 Contents provided and maintained by Relief Organisation (Migrants), Jammu
Website best viewed in 1024*768 resolution with IE 6.0 or higher