Under the PRC Act,
every permanent resident of the state as defined in the constitution of J&K
is entitled for Permenent Residence Certificate on the basis of which he can seek
admission in professional colleges, seek Govt. employment, purchase property within
the state. Non state subjects are not entitled for the above benefits. This facility
is being provided to the residents of J & K state by the concerned Deputy Commissioners
and as a special dispensation, Relief Organisation has been authorised for providing
this facility to the migrants.
for issuance of Permanent Residence Certificate:
The Permanent Residence Certificate after receipt of application and documents as
mentioned above is being issued within ten days. However, where sufficient residential
proof is not available, such cases are referred for further verification to the
concerned Deputy Commissioner of the district wherefrom the person has migrated.
- Prescribed Form.
- Application with Rs. 3/- stamp.
- Migration proof (copy of Ration Card).
- Permenent Residence Certificate of any family member preferably of parents.
- Residential proof of valley prior to migration.
- Proof of identity / Academic / School Certificate etc.
- Affidavit to the effect that the applicant has not obtained Permenent Residence Certificate earlier.